April 23, 2009

Casey a KC fan

Today was talking baseball with Jeff and I decided something. That today I would become a Kansas City Royals fan. Why? Well, there are a number of reasons. Here we go.

Nobody likes them-
Seriously, have you ever met a Royals fan? I have met only one in my lifetime and it was at a Cheesecake Factory in Kansas City last summer. I had to go to the city the team is from to find a fan.

Their name is my name-
Ok, so the initials really are. KC. Not quite mine, but said the same.

They always stink-
I've been around for 24 years now and I never remember them being even close to decent.

Someday they might be good-
And when they are, I can say, I was a fan when they were terrible. A true fan. And yes, someday they will be good. Heck, look at the Mariners. They have tons of fans in that same boat.

Their stadium is cool-
It's a very pretty ballpark. Kauffman Stadium's unique features include a 322-foot-wide water spectacular. The water spectacular is the largest privately funded fountain in the world. Here's the full history of the park.

If the Rays did it-
Then why couldn't the Royals? From joke to champs. I see it happening. And now I can say I was a fan from when they stunk.

1 comment:

  1. When they win two World Series in the four years, it's going to be funny seeing Royals Nation take America by storm.

    ReplyDelete