January 7, 2010

Outdoor goals for 2010


My blogging friend Paul, over at Washington Adventures, had a great post the other day called adventure goals, dreams, plans for 2010.

In this post Paul listed a few of his goals for the year.

And that got me thinking, what are my outdoor goals for this year?

My big goal is to complete the Wonderland Trail this summer. But besides that, here's some of my list broken into groups:

Backpacking
  • Complete the entire Wonderland Trail
  • Complete 3 weekend trips prior to the Wonderland Trail

Hiking

  • Go on a longer hike at least once a month
  • Hike one day each week after work

Bicycling

  • Mountain bike more
  • Mountain bike at Galbraith Mountain
  • Commute to work at least 3 days a week, each week
Kayaking
  • Buy a kayak (I've always just used one of my dads)
  • Make one trip a month even if it's just a day trip

Other (I'm going to Hawaii in September)

  • Learn to surf
  • Hike to lava flows
  • Snorkel
  • Kayak in Hawaii
  • Take in a University of Hawaii football game (Hey, it's outside)

Oh, and of course film all of this for more Northern Ranger adventures!

Alright, well there is some of my list of things to do. I have many more, but don't want to ramble on. What's your goals for this new year? Hope you have your list made and can start checking items off.

(This is from Just Northwest)

No comments:

Post a Comment