Somehow we have made it five years! Yes, this blog started in January of 2008 and five years later Just South of North is still going strong.
So thank you to all our readers. For without you we wouldn't have a blog.
Here's some famous 5's from the sports world:
1. Joe DiMaggio was a 13-time all-star, three-time MVP, and according to Ted Williams, was "the greatest all-around player I ever saw." Of course, he holds the current record for consecutive games with a hit, at 56, accomplished in 1941.
2. Jason Kidd's number 5 is retried by the University of Cal, 10 NBA All-Star, 5 time All-NBA First Team, 4 time All-Defensive First Team, an NBA champion, a Pac-10 player of the year and an NCAA All-American.
3. Donovan McNabb was a six time Pro Bowl selections, an NFC Champion, an NFC Offensive Player of the Year, he threw for 37,276 yards with a passer rating of 85.6.
4. Kasey Kahne is my favorite NASCAR driver from Enumclaw, Washington. He drives the number 5 car in the Sprint Cup Series and last season finished fourth in the series. He has 14 wins, 121 top tens and 26 poles.
5. Ray Finkle is famous from Ace Ventura and will forever be known for missing the kick and then kidnapping Dan Marino. Who'd forget this quote from Ray's mom? " It was all that Dan Marino's fault, everyone knows that. If he had held the ball, laces out, like he was supposed to, Ray would never have missed that kick. Dan Marino should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?"
(Buy a Ray Finkle shirt here)