June 22, 2009

Check it out... I'm actually healthy

Good news everyone! To all you calorie counters out there that like to make fun of my McDonalds eating habits and rather prominent stomach, go to hell! Because I'm going to live longer than you.

A new Japanese study found that people who are a little chubby at the age of 40 tend to live a surprising six to seven years longer than their skinny counterparts.

"We found skinny people run the highest risk," said Shinichi Kuriyama, an associate professor at Tohoku University's Graduate School of Medicine who helped conduct the study.

"We had expected thin people would show the shortest life expectancy but didn't expect the difference to be this large," he added.


This has to be one of the best days of my life. It's okay if I have a little junk in my ginger trunk because in the end, I'll be the cool guy in the nursing home spinning wheelies while all you thin people are there are taking you diabetes medicine. Have fun!

"It's better that thin people try to gain normal weight, but we doubt it's good for people of normal physique to put on more fat," Kuriyama said.


Oh.. crap, so having a Twinkie party is not a way to better health?

No comments:

Post a Comment